Get a free case review
Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for personal injury cases.
Signs You Might Have Been a Victim of Medical Malpractice
Despite the facts, many individuals still find it difficult to believe that physicians and institutions make errors. Nobody wants to think of their doctor missing a warning sign of a serious condition or of their therapy exacerbating an injury rather than healing it.
Nonetheless, these are very real problems that affect thousands of people every day. Anyone who has been diagnosed with severe disease should check for the following warning signs:
- Your health is not improving as a result of treatment – Many physicians don’t like admitting that they were incorrect. If the treatment they suggested for your disease isn’t working, you should seek a second or third opinion.
- Your symptoms do not correspond to your diagnosis – Symptoms should be compatible. If they are not, it is possible that you have been misdiagnosed.
- Your diagnosis is solely reliant on testing data – Laboratories make errors, and some doctors do not scrutinize lab results as thoroughly as they should.
- Your doctor connects typical ailments to a rare illness. Sickness is not always an indication of something serious. A headache can just be a headache and not a brain tumor.
- It’s possible your diagnosis is supposedly based on a test that you never took. If you have not had the appropriate tests performed for your diagnoses, return to your doctor and inquire as to why that is.
- Your operation goes awry – When surgery is performed in an unsafe or incorrect manner, on the wrong area (or wrong person), or instruments or medical supplies are left inside a patient’s body, a malpractice attorney should be consulted to review your claims and determine whether you have a malpractice claim.
- You are given the incorrect drugs.
- Your privacy has been invaded – This is a non-physical kind of malpractice, but the sensitive nature of medical records necessitates that they are kept secret and not wrongly disseminated or discussed publicly.
- During a medical procedure, a family member or loved one dies.
- Your child is harmed during delivery or as a result of poor prenatal care.
- If you are questioning your doctor’s advice or are worried that you have received subpar care, you are within your rights to do so. While it’s possible that there was nothing your doctor could or should have done differently, it’s also possible that you’re a victim entitled to hefty financial recompense. We strongly advise you to contact us for a free consultation. Call our medical malpractice law firm at 407-299-8589 or contact us online now to book your free consultation.
You Need Help About Medical Malpractice
Feel free to contact us to explain how we can help you.