Generally speaking, truck accidents are more likely to cause major life- threatening injuries due to the size of the truck compared to passenger cars. If you had a loved one to lose his or her life as a result of a truck accident, or you sustained serious injuries which caused you to miss work, accrue expensive and unexpected medical bills, contact one of our attorneys at Anthony Smith Law for a free, confidential consultation to evaluate your claim. Insurance companies try not to pay what you are due. We will work to get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Despite the fact that truck drivers are trained to be experts at driving their large vehicles, truck accidents happen daily, The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is responsible for regulating truck drives and trucking companies. The FMCSA indicated that certain types of dangerous driver behavior contributed to accidents. These behaviors include:
- Speeding which was the most frequently cited driver related factor. Due to their size these vehicles can require more than double the distances to stop than a normal passenger car
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driver fatigue, inattention, or distraction
- Aggressive or negligent driving
- Excessive, unsecured or unbalanced cargo load
- Improper truck or trailer maintenance
- Equipment failure such a tire tread separation, tire blowout, or brake failure
Also Fault may be extended to include other parties such as the trucking company, owner of the cargo, and the truck manufacturer. Our experienced attorneys at Anthony Smith Law are accustomed to this type of litigation and will be with you throughout the entire process. Call today for a free initial consultation. Let us review your claim.